Region 3 - West Idaho Chapter
Third Thursday of each month at 12:00 p.m./noon
***change in location due to construction
July's meeting will be held at Indian Creek Steak House , Main St, Caldwell, ID ***
Stay tuned for next months location- our prior location will be underconstruction for a while!
A light lunch is provided- so RSVP if you are able!
Melisa Blackwell, Co-Chair
Nate Bonovitz, Co-Chair
If you or someone you know needs to talk or is in crisis,
call the Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or 208-398-HELP
Current 2017 Summer Events:Ever wonder how to be more active in helping to prevent suicide?- this month's free one hour ISPH sponsored Ambassador training could get you safely started....
1. 20 JULY , during our regular meeting time, we will offer free ISPH Ambassador training, for anyone who's interested in how to safely speak out about suicide.
2. SPAN ID and Idaho Lethal Means Task Force will be teaming up to table information at the Northwest Rimfire Championship at Parma Rod and Gun 28 & 29 July! If you're interested in contributing a tax deductable raffel prize item or donation for this prevention effort please reach out to spanIDreg3@gmail.com!
3. Nearly 60% of Idaho suicide deaths were by firearm, your vigilance could save a life! Please join us as we prepare for a fall fundraising event! SPAN Region 3 will be hosting a competitive target range event tentatively set for October 7th. This will be a fun and educational opportunity for West Idaho gun owners to learn more about how they can make a difference in preventing suicide in their communities.
4. Parents, Grandparents, neighbors and concerned adults and peers: Have you heard about the Netflix Series: 13 Reasons Why? Please be informed about the impact this Mature series can have on youth. Here is a couple of resources that can help you be informed:
Find a free Webinar below:
5. Clinicians: Subject Matter Expert Dr. Bryan , Free Webinar below!
6. Distributing free gunlocks, 'warning sign' wallet cards and other Idaho SP Hotline items at the monthly meetings
7. Do you live or work in this region and need suicide prevention information, support or training? Please reach out or come to our monthly meetings so we can find ways to support your suicide prevention needs!
-See you again in AUG!
Thank you Rebecca Sprague and DH&W SP office for supplying us with the fantastic new public awarness posters, coasters and table tents... "Lets Rock our Roll and do our part in preventing suicide!"
Thank you Cynthia Mauzerall for heart filled continued service to SPAN Reg 3 and for completing our 2016 Financials and statements. Thanks for being such a great mentor to Nate and I!
Thank you Julie Dick for encouraging Spanish Wallet Cards and Posters in our region and for looking for sponsors for West Idaho- you're an invaluable volunteer and inspiring survivor!
Thank you DHW SP Office Rebecca Sprague for the Gun Shop Project and Idaho Safe Storage Task Force briefing during our March 2017 meeting!
Distributed free suicide prevention awareness items and aprox. 300 gun locks at the Idaho Counseling Association Conference 2017! Great idea Nate! (27-28 JAN 2017.)
Thank you to Rebecca Sprague for briefing us on the great parking garage prevention work and all the updates of the great work the Idaho DHW SP office is doing- it's energizing and encouraging!
Thank you to the Volkers Family for carrying the ISPH banner in the NOV 2016 Boise Veterans Parade! You guys are so giving!
The SPAN West Idaho Chapter was organized and began regular meetings in January of 2009
SPAN Idaho Regional Chapters:
From its beginning, SPAN Idaho, as a grassroots organization, has encouraged and recognized the importance of regional and local involvement to prevent suicide. SPAN Idaho has developed regional Chapters who organize and conduct regional and local suicide prevention training, awareness campaigns, media education and many other activities.
SPAN Idaho decided to use the same approach as the Department of Health and Welfare by organizing Idaho into seven Regions. Each Region serves several counties and has one or two larger communities which are the hub for service delivery in the counties they serve.