SPAN Idaho Suicide Prevention Toolkit
The SPAN Idaho Suicide Prevention Tool Kit is a collection of crisis intervention and suicide prevention resources aimed, ultimately, at saving lives in Idaho. There are a great number of actions we can take, and knowledge we can gain to help reduce the number of suicides in our state. From recognizing warning signs to changing some of the language we use; and from reducing stigma to selecting the best prevention program for our needs, this tool kit addresses a wide variety of prevention elements.
Most elements of the tool kit were written or compiled by SPAN Idaho specifically for this kit. Duplication is allowed with attribution where copyrights or logos of other organizations do not appear. Where copyrights or logos do appear, we encourage you to contact these organizations directly to obtain copies.
The suicide prevention programs and materials from other organizations included in this kit are provided by SPAN Idaho as a public service. Their inclusion in this kit is not an official endorsement by SPAN Idaho.
It is our sincere hope that you will find this kit useful in your efforts to prevent suicide. If you have comments or questions regarding the kit, please contact SPAN Idaho at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPAN Idaho would like to thank the following for their assistance, guidance and information in producing this Tool Kit:
- 211 CareLine
- Andrew Huang
- Better Todays/Better Tomorrows, Institute of Rural Health, Idaho State University
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
- Idaho Council on Developmental Disabilities
- Idaho Suicide Prevention Services
- Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill
- National Strategy for Suicide Prevention (a collaborative effort of SAMHSA, CDC, NIH, HRSA and HIS)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Scott Kane
- Suicide Prevention Action Network USA
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
||About Adobe PDF Files: If you cannot read our documents in downloadable PDF format, please click Get Adobe Reader and download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader!